Friday, November 21, 2008

The Seoul Train Part III - Sleepless in Seoul-tle

It's 11:00 pm here and I can't sleep. Considering that I have consistently been getting only 3 to 4 hours of sleep every night (including weekends), I am still functional. I think... Hehehehe.

Tomorrow we're going on a roadtrip to the North/South Korean border, so I'm preparing myself to face temperatures lower than -7C. It snowed yesterday but it was very light... I am simultaneously excited about and dreading the full-blast snowfalls that will come in a couple of weeks. Hahahaha... No worries though, I'm armed and ready for battle. Mwehehehehe...

~*~*~*~*~*~

We had nilaga-like soup for lunch. It had thick glass noodles, enoki mushrooms, beef ribs boiled until fall-off-the-bone tender, a flavorful broth (look Ma, no MSG!) and with the usual sides of pechu and radish kimchi.

Yes, I was hungry and no, I was not in a good mood so I completely forgot to take pics.

After lunch, I went walking around on the main road with Joan and Meng. I have been wearing boots since I got here (I only brought three pairs of shoes: black mid-calf high boots with heels, brown leather mid-calf high slouchie boots and blue-and-silver Nike running shoes) and it amused me that Joan got a pair this afternoon. If Meng gets one, tatlo na kami. Then we can show up at work with black stockings, short skirt and jackets - ala schoolgirls! *LOL*

^*~*~*~*~*~~

So sleep deprivation + chilly weather + mind drain from work = non-functional brain. With that said, here's another tag by the wonderful DENominator. Ihad nothing to do this morning before work (aside from attempting to nap but failing) so I filled it up. I think the title of the quiz is Ek-Ek-OLOGY. I LIKE! Hwahahaha!

~*~*~*~*~*~

LAMONOLOGY
What is your salad dressing of choice?
** Olive oil and balsamic vinegar! Yum yum yum...

What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
** In Manila, Pho Bac. Here in Seoul, Paris Baguette (actually, it's a bakery but baked goods are fast foods right? *LOL* )

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
** Manila: Dome and Max Brenner. None in Seoul at the moment.

On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
** Around 10% to 15% if the service is good. ZERO to 5% if I wasn't satisfied... May kasamang kausap sa manager if I was pissed.

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of it?
** Sinigang anything (except sinigang sa bayabas...eeww!). Gawd, eyelurve sinigang!

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
** Not a big fan of cheese in general but I love quattro fromaggio. Hihihi... Craving!

What do you like to put on your toast?
** Butter and Nutella or strawberry jam. Otherwise, tuna spread with lettuce and cucumbers.

What is your latest food discovery?
** Lotte Black Crunch bar. Think Pinipig Crunch but with a thicker, lusher (and more chocolate-y) coating and cruched cookie bits enveloping rich vanilla ice cream!

TECHNOLOGY
What is your wallpaper on your computer?
** My picture of the shore in Punta Fuego. I miss the beach.

How many televisions are in your house?
** Here: two. Manila: just one. I have a studio apartment. I don't need many TV's... I could put one in the toilet though. *LOL*

What is the most recent gadget you bought?
** Cowon O2 32GB. Whee!

What gadget are you planning to buy next?
** A Powerbook.

In your opinion, what is the most important appliance in your house?
** It's a toss-up between the fridge and the TV. *LOL*

BIOLOGY
Are you right-handed or left-handed?
** Depende. *LOL* Right handed for most things.

Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
** Aside from my teeth, wala pa naman.

What is the last heavy item you lifted?
** My eyelids. I'm sleepy...

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
** Yeps, I fainted from extreme fatigue and I did not wake up until the next morning - half my body on the bed, the other half on the floor and still wearing one sneaker (the last thing I remember is bending down to put on my other sneaker).

What is your favorite part of your body?
** Hmmm... my eyes.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
** I want to be taller. Don't we all? *LOL*

BULLCRAPOLOGY
If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
** Hell no! And spoil the surprise?

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
** I like my name. It's unique. Palagi akong No-Hit sa NBI. *LOL*

What color do you think looks best on you?
** Aside from black? Pink, I think... and beige.

Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
** Yes, intentionally and non-intentionally *LOL*

Have you ever saved someone’s life?
** I dunno. Maybe.

Has someone ever saved yours?
** Literally? Nah... I'm not worth saving. *LOL*

DAREOLOGY
Would you kiss someone of the opposite sex for $100?

** Hell yeah! If she were hot and pretty, I'd do it for free!

Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000
** No freakin' way!

Would you never blog again for $50,000?
** Add another zero and I might just say YES!

Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
** I'd do it for a million. Not that it'd be worth it! *LOL*

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
A. Heck, why not?

Would you, without fear of punishment, take a humans life for $1,000,000?
** No way! Not in this lifetime nor the next!

Will you eat a live goldfish? How much would you do it for?
** I'd do it for a thousand bucks, yo!

DUMBOLOGY
What is in your left pocket?
** My Blistex

Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
** What the eff is that? Is that actually real?

Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
A. Wood

Do you sit or stand in the shower?
** Stand. Sit, when I'm lazy...

How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
** 12? 10? Thereabouts...

Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
** A few years ago when an armored van slammed into our car.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
** Happy. Hehehehe...

Who is number 1 on your top 8?
** Adik ka ba?

LASTOLOGY
Friend you talked to?
A. Tati

Last person who called you?
** KT

Person you hugged?
** Jeni

Person you kissed?
** Jeni

FAVORITOLOGY
Number?
** 1

Season?
** To be jolly? *LOL* Autumn

Color?
** Purple and orange

Sleepwear?
** My birthday suit

Footwear?
** Flip-flops

Drink?
** Alcoholic? Tequilla Rose. Non-alcoholic: water

CURRENTOLOGY
Missing someone?
** Hell yeah...

Mood?
** Not in the mood. *LOL*

Listening to?
** Transatlaticism - Death Cab for Cutie

Watching?
** Cold Case

Worrying about?
** Jeni's trip to PG tomorrow and my trip tomorrow to... Hehehehehe... Sikretong malufet!

RANDOMOLOGY
First place you went this morning?
** The bathroom to take a shower

What can you not wait to do?
** Fly back to the Philippines!

What’s the last movie you saw?
** I don't remember. I'm not into movies.

Do you smile often?
** Too much, maybe...

Are you a friendly person?
** Generally speaking, I think I am.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Listening to: Transatlanticism - Death Cab for Cutie

"The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row
It seems farther than ever before, oh no...
I need you so much closer
So come on... "

No comments: