Sunday, April 14, 2013

Khai Thoon, my four-legged Thai friend

Today I made a new friend.

This is Khai Thoon. He is a 2-year old Rhodesian Ridgeback owned by a Caucasian couple two houses down from my dad's boss' place in Nichada Thani.

He is lovely, rambunctious... and left outside when his people are not home. Just like today.

It made me very sad and a bit angry at his owners, frankly, but he is so cute and friendly that I could not help but warm up to him.

He is, after all, the first Ridger I've seen in person (in dog?)

Just look at him!







I think he's a mix, though - his ears are too small and his coat a bit too lush but what the heck. He was affectionate... and hungry! I think it's no accident his name translates to "tender chicken"... or at least that's what it sounds like.

Good thing a group of 20+ Pinoys and Thais were having a feast in the same courtyard he was frolicking in. He was well fed today.

Now... if I could only have a word with his owners...

No comments: