Saturday, April 13, 2013

Never say "hoy" in Thailand and other useful (less) information

HELLO Bangkok!


Me, my Momsie, Tito Nico, and his son Joel
After a 45-minute delay, a gate change, a short bus ride on the tarmac, a thunderstorm (complete with lots of lightning) viewed from above, a bit of turbulence, a chatty German fellow for a seatmate, a nice Taiwanese guy offering me his dinner (he claimed he was full, but I think he thought I was starving), and 3 and quarter hours in the air 5J 931 made it to Suvarnabhumi.

I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am to be here. For one, I've missed my Dad... and I missed the food. Hey, at least I'm honest!

Pop had a feast waiting for us back at the condo. I was too hungry to take more pictures. The shrimp was succulent and sweet, the lumpia-thing refreshingly herby, and the crab sticks firm and crabby (eh?).



Boiled shrimp, crab sticks, fresh lumpia reminiscent of popiah and fiery dips

Woke up a couple of hours ago after 6 glorious hours of horizontal sleep (I can never sleep in moving vehicles - can you?) and started eating again. Sliced up a whole honeydew melon and ate it (still am) while surfing the Net.

Later on, the water madness of Songkran begins... I got my high-powered water gun and my bikini ready!

Oh, and today's lesson? Pinoys, never say "hoy!" around here... It may be the quintessential greeting/beckoning utterance back home but here it refers to the vajayjay. ;-) 

No comments: